Wyoming is arguably the most important uranium producing state in the US
- Wyoming has a long history of uranium mining (dating to the late 1940’s). Wyoming roll front uranium deposits are generally amenable to In Situ Recovery (ISR) mining if above the ground water table & geologically amenable to control of underground leaching solutions.
- ISR mining usually lower cost for OPEX & CAPEX with less surface impact. ISR mining practiced commercially in Wyoming since the mid 1980’s.
- The Fraser Institute 2020 ranks Wyoming 2nd out of 78 jurisdictions.
- Other US uranium mining states, combined, have more defined uranium resources than Wyoming, but they are mostly not amenable to ISR mining.
- There are 7 ISR uranium processing facilities currently operable in Wyoming & 2 others are licensed for construction.
- TerraPower (Bill Gates) and PacifiCorp (Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway) have chosen Wyoming for the site of a new Natrium nuclear power plant.